[Mageia-discuss] No sound for Google Hangout

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Fri Jun 29 16:12:03 CEST 2012

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 14:56:49 +0100
Anne Wilson <annew at kde.org> wrote:

> Aslamixergui simply shows the PulseAudio channel

Have you looked at the Pulse Audio Volume Control on the menu
(pavucontrol on a command line?)  That is where I sorted out my issues
about multiple sound cards.  According to the recommended config,
Alsamixer hands the whole job to Pulse.  I couldn't get anywhere with
KDE's selector for output devices.

And have you looked at the Sound section in the Forum?  That was where
tech queries were intended to go.  Early on, there was a whisper that
the Answer Men looked only here, but I haven't found that.

Otherwise, it is too deep for me.  I used to have a USB headset (mic &
phones) and I would simply plug it in.  Its own volume control would
pop up on the desktop when I least expected it.

Something I printed out a while back was all about what you say: too
many control programs wanting to have a go at your audio setup.

Regards,

Doug.