[Mageia-discuss] problems with kmail2

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Sat Nov 3 14:19:39 CET 2012

On Sat, 03 Nov 2012 11:51:21 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> I have two accounts set up on TB - one for GMail IMAP, and one for my own
> IMAP server.  I have no problems with either, so I'm not sure what it is
> that's worrying you.

  The problem I have seen repoted is mainly that TB is still not very
good at re-synchronising 'maldir' folders when emails have been
added/deleted, so I'm awaiting improvements there before I jump.

(I use POP rather than IMAP, and when cloning the email database
between desktop and laptop (for trips away), I want to use rsync,
which is why I want to stay with 'maildir', and why I therefore need a
TB that handles it well (i.e. as good as KMail)..

Although I have no problems with KMail2's handling of maildir folders,
it's the Find Messages facility that I need working well, and it has
been a disaster in KMail2 - though improving, I hear.

In the meantime I'm stuck with Mandriva 2010.2 and its excellent Kmail.

--
/\/\aurice