[Mageia-discuss] EeePC 900 M2 install fails

Scott Neugroschl redfloyd at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 07:36:53 CET 2012

I have an EeePC 900 running Mageia 1.  Since M1 is getting EOL'ed, I
thought I'd try Mageia 2.

Specs:

EeePC 900
900MHz Celeron Mobile
2GB RAM
32GB PATA SSD
i915 Graphics

When I tried the LiveCD, it failed to boot.  It would hang.
So I tried the Free DVD (i586).   It hangs during the
boot/installation.  I switched to the command prompt screen, and ran ps.
It appears to be hanging on "insmod /tmp/sd_mod.ko".  This insmod
process is unkillable, even with kill -9.

Any ideas or suggestions?   Has anyone got M2 installed on a 900 (not a
901)?

Thanks,

red floyd