[Mageia-discuss] [Mageia-dev] Final set of isos for Mageia 3

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 2 20:11:45 CEST 2012

2012/10/2 Anne Nicolas <ennael1 at gmail.com>:
> Hi there
>
> So as planned when starting discussion, here is the final set of isos that
> will be built for Mageia 3. We have listed all the proposals and
> explanations (from both this ML and forums) to find a list that would
> satisfy most of Mageia users.
>
> Here is the list (Thanks MrsB for doing it first :) ):
>
> 2 liveCDs:
>
>  - GNOME 700M i586 - english only - Nonfree
>  - KDE   700M i586 - english only - Nonfree
>
> These are mainly targetted for distribution during events or for Newspapers

What about events and newspapers outside of the USA and UK? You don't
expect us (for ex: in Germany) to demonstrate Mageia in a foreign
language or German magazines to distribute cover cds with Mageia in a
foreign language? Of course this goes for all other countries as well.

This proposal may have received a majority of "votes" because
residents of USA and UK are the majority of participants in the
mailing list. Everybody else (the majority of Mageia promoters) would
have no live cds but will need to use the DVDs.

Pls consider instead cds which cover the main languages (English,
French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portoguese). EN covering North
America and India, Spanish+Portoguese covering all of South America,
French and English covering most of Africa, all 6 covering most of
Europe. Which make at least more than 2 of the 3 major areas instead
of North America and UK.

Before there were live cds (700MB) with 6 and more langages, so a cd
with these 6 instead of one language would not make a difference, or
will Mageia 3 need that much more space than Mageia 2?

--
wobo