[Mageia-discuss] Mageia-3-Alpha2: Broadcom wireless driver fails to connect to SSID

jpbfree jpierre.benoit at free.fr
Sat Oct 20 13:49:49 CEST 2012

Le 20/10/2012 12:59, Maurice Batey a écrit :
> On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 23:12:52 +0200, jpbfree wrote:
>
>>   i cannot have a wireless connection when configure through
>> the gui,with or without network manager (no problem when configuring
>> with the wireless tools from the cmdline)
>     So you do now have a connection to a SSID?
yes

>     What cmdline command(s) succeeded, please?!
servant:-)
as root (and from the top of my old brain)

iwconfig eth? essid you-network-name mode managed
iwconfig key [1] your wep-or-wpa-key
and after
dhclient eth?         if dhcp is configured
(in my case the dhclient request is automagically done once associated
with the A.P)

*RTFM ie man iwconfig ;) for exact syntax.
for further investigation have a look at the other iw* tools.
**depending on your distrib/version you may have to install the
wireless-tools pkg (or equivalent)
(installed by default on my mga3a2).

>> the network icon disapeared from the taskbar (KDE)
>     Has not done that here (yet).
JPB