[Mageia-discuss] GNOME Web issue

Michael Hill mdhillca at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 16:38:13 CEST 2012

On startup, Epiphany 3.6.1-1 hangs loading the tabs I've left open on
exit (generally including Gmail and G+); I think this is an upstream
problem because I see something similar on openSUSE. If I begin
pressing the stop button in various tabs, the others will suddenly
finish loading.

This morning I reopened after a crash, and got this:

 ** Message: console message:  @0: Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access
frame with URL [long gmail url] from frame with URL [long google+
url]. Domains, protocols and ports must match.

Then a number of these...

(epiphany:27079): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width:
assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(epiphany:27079): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width:
assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(epiphany:27079): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height:
assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(epiphany:27079): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_pixels:
assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(epiphany:27079): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride:
assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(epiphany:27079): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_n_channels:
assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

Followed by this...

[2]+  Segmentation fault      epiphany

I restarted and tried closing some of the tabs to try to find the
offender, but after a few attempts, each accompanied by a crash,
Epiphany got into a state where it crashed on startup. I deleted the
contents of ~/.config/epiphany and got it starting again, but the
original (slow loading) problem persists.

Mike