[Mageia-discuss] Force regeneration of thumbnails ?

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Sun Oct 21 13:45:49 CEST 2012

Op zondag 21 oktober 2012 12:42:45 schreef Anne Wilson:
> On 21/10/12 11:58, Renaud (Ron) Olgiati wrote:
> > A recent problem:
> >
> > -I took a number of pictures, and moved them from the camera to a
> > directory.
> >
> > -Pictures no good, so I erased them from directory, and took a new
> > serie. As the former serie had been deleted from the camera, the
> > same filenames were used again for the new pictures.
> >
> > -Moved new pictures to the same directory, and was surprised to
> > see that KDE had kept the thumbnais of the first serie, so the
> > thumbnails it displayed now bore no relation to the new pictures,
> > except for having the same name.
> >
> > Is there a way to force KDE to re-generate the thumbnails for a
> > directory ?
>
> Ron, did you try Ctrl-F5 (or shift-F5) when viewing the thumbnails?
> Sometimes you are just seeing a cache, and the forced-refresh clears it.

actually most caches will be using filenames and last-modified time to see if
it's been renewed or not...

alas, if you sync from camera, likely the modified time is used from the pics
on the cam

so likely both the filenames and modified time are the same...

i think kde uses a .Thumbs directory, deleting that would likely solve your
issue.