[Mageia-discuss] mageia1 slow boot

Tony Blackwell tablackwell at bigpond.com
Sat Sep 1 13:49:41 CEST 2012

New HD in laptop, M1 install in one partition, fully updated it on-line,
then changed boot from grub to lilo.  Booting now is unusually slow,
building up a slow couple of lines of dots as if still decompressing
stuff like on installation.  Eventually boots OK.  Ideas on cause/fix?
(and yes, I like lilo, even if the writing is on the wall...)

Apologies in advance - I might be slow responding re this, 36 hrs plus
plane flights coming up tomorrow...  Ideas to try on the plane?
Tony Blackwell