[Mageia-discuss] Playing flv files

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Sun Sep 2 08:08:34 CEST 2012

Thank you for reading this.

Someone recently asked a question about this very topic but the answer
didn't help me.

I have always been able to play flv files, with various players, until
Mageia 2. For example, this is the error that VLC generates:

VLC media player 2.0.1 Twoflower (revision 2.0.1-0-gf432547)
[0x841e920] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use
'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
[0x84692d8] qt4 interface error: Unable to load extensions module

I tried cvlc and although it didn't generate an error message it also
didn't seem do anything either.

The "extension module" seems like a likely place to start but I cannot
see anything useful in MCC. Can anyone help?

--
Regards,
Phil