[Mageia-discuss] FF 15 and TB 15

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sun Sep 2 21:13:46 CEST 2012

Bonjour Sébastien,

Le 2012-09-02 12:09, Chopin Sébastien a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to have Firefox 15 and Thunderbird 15 in update media ?
>
> Sébastien

Yes, just download both software into their own folders and start them
from their folders. If you do this, then I would suggest you remove the
Mageia version off your machine through the MCC -- this will stop you
from starting the Mageia version which will confuse you.

HOWEVER, be warned that if you do this, you can sometimes run into
dependency problems. This is why our great Mageia devs use the Firefox
ESR and Thunderbird ESR versions (Extended Support Release)[1] which are
official corporate versions of these packages. There are fewer upgrades
but ALL security patches are sent in from Mozilla AND our Mageia devs
make sure that all dependencies/bugs are covered/fixed properly.

IMO, it is safer to use the Mageia version than the latest from Mozilla.

NOTE: I am not a Mageia dev.

Cheers,

Marc

[1]