[Mageia-discuss] GNOME Cauldron: Timezone vs Online Accounts?

Michael Hill mdhillca at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 22:38:40 CEST 2012

Although YaST shows the correct timezone (America/Toronto), GNOME Date
and Time Settings have me in London. When I launch g-c-c in a teminal,
starting Date & Time gives this:

(gnome-control-center:2859): datetime-cc-panel-WARNING **: Timezone ''
is unhandled, setting Europe/London as default

As a possible side effect (reported as bugs in a couple of other
distros), my GNOME Online Accounts let me connect to Google, but the
password expires immediately. If I can persuade GNOME to save my
timezone, will my Google account stay connected?

Mike