[Mageia-discuss] New install

Morgan Leijström fri at tribun.eu
Thu Jan 5 11:26:26 CET 2012

fredagen den 4 november 2011 03.28.12 skrev  andre999:
> Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> >>
> >> That's in what package ? -- I'd like to try that
> >
> > urpmi-proxy
> >
> > :-)
>
> I see now -- it's your package, and it's only in cauldron
> I've been essentially doing that manually, so will be very handy.
> (I had been thinking of eventually adding that function to rpmdrake.)
>  From the spec, it looks like it will install in mga1.
>
> Thanks for doing it :-)

Yes, thank you - This is exactly what i need for my family server!

I plan to have six computers running mageia 1, server included.
But having them all install and update individually will consume a bigh chunk
on our montly internet connection data budget.

Server is mga1 64 bit - can i install urpmi-proxy there, how?

I found
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Urpmi-proxy
Are there any more instructions somewhere?

I guess that on the client side i just remove all repos, then
urpmi.addmedia --distrib http://my.local.server.IP/mageia/1/x86_64

Can i have urpmi-proxy proxy both x86_64 repos, and i586, for the different
clients?  And also cauldron for two (dual boot) clients?

On a side note, any tip what to use to proxy all http easily?
And if possible all youtube; my children watch many times the same film...
(But thanks to gcompris and other awesome educative games that use has
decreased)

--
Morgan Leijström