[Mageia-discuss] Internet connection and Wifi Connection

Kristoffer Grundström kristoffer.grundstrom1983 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 17:30:08 CET 2012

Rory Albertyn skrev 2012-01-05 15:01:
> Hi,
>
> On my windows laptop, I can connect to my Wifi network, then setup a
> DSL connection and use that for internet connectivity via the WIFI.
> How am I able to do this with Mageia? It seems to only allow a DSL
> connection over a wired network. Any thoughts?
>
> Regards,
> Rory Albertyn (Gripen)
>
> Ps: Just had this same issue with another GNOME based OS.
First off. check with lsmod if the module is loaded & used.
Then install rfkill & type as root i Terminal-window:

rfkill list

If you read Yes somewhere in the output you type rfkill unblock all or
rfkill unblock wifi or rfkill unblock wlan or wlan0

Type following as root: rmmod -f and the name of the module that the
card uses.

Type modprobe followed by modulename to load the module again.

Afterwards I'd disable eth0-interface by typing ifdown eth0 as root.

I've had some problems myself with the module for Atheros AR5001
Wireless Adapter in a HP Compaq Presario CQ60-415so & I solved it that way.

/Christopher