[Mageia-discuss] Network install cannot get mirror list

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Jan 7 10:38:40 CET 2012

Al 07/01/12 08:50, En/na Maarten Vanraes ha escrit:

>>> afaik the installer uses wget to grab files; try that in tty2
>>
>> As I said in my first message, that's exactly what I tried, hence my
>> question.
>>
>> Bye
>
> hmmm, maybe in the chroot there is no /etc/resolv.conf ?so maybe chrooted, one
> can't do the wget...

Is the stage1 installer running in a different chroot than the console in tty2?
Because in tty2 resolv.conf is correctly configured (as the working wget attests).

> or maybe the mount --bind /dev to the chroot fails (afaik there is a bug on
> that)

Again, in tty2 I think I see that /dev is correct, if I echo something to /dev/tty1
I see it in tty1, echo to /dev/tty2 also shows on tty2, etc.

> is this reproducable?

Yes, it happens every time.

Note that I'm not booting from a cd or usb, I extracted the files from the cd
image and using them to boot via pxe (since there are no other files on the
cd it shouldn't make a difference).

Bye

--
Luca