[Mageia-discuss] Pictures missing in GDM

Alejandro López listas.apl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 10:46:12 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Frank Griffin <ftg at roadrunner.com> wrote:

>  On 01/09/2012 02:47 AM, Alejandro López wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> My silly problem started *about* the same day I switched from Mandriva to
> Mageiga. I cannot actually tell whether it was the same day, or if it
> started a few days before or a few days after.
>
> The problem is that when I'm presented the login screen right after
> booting with all the users (I have 5), their pictures are not shown,
> although they used to be. If I log-in and -out, then their pictures are
> shown.
>
> This may have something to do with the business of MDV's documentation and
> artwork not being FOSS, and therefore not directly usable by Mageia.
>
> If you were configured to use the system-supplied icons, there may be none
> in Mageia.  Or, the default enablement for this feature may have changed;
> see http://projects.gnome.org/gdm/docs/2.20/overview.html#facebrowser

I'm using photos I provided myself instead of the default pictures.

The strange thing here is that, if I log-in and -out (I guess GDM is
relaunched), then it works fine. That is what makes me think of some
problem associated to the booting process itself. This happens only the
first time after booting the machine.