[Mageia-discuss] Mageia 2 Alpha 3 available for tests

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 13 21:18:39 CET 2012

2012/1/13 Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info>:

> Doug Lytle wrote:
>>
>> No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found!
>

> Is that what is meant by:
>
> "No dual iso planned for alpha3 (lots of adjustments to be done to decrease
> iso size) "
>
> Not really sure if a dual iso means no USB boot support.

No, the dual ISO is a cdrom ISO with the base system for both architectures.
And I have to tell you, I did put the alpha3 on a usb stick and it
does work normally. Could it be possible your stick was just not big
enough? The Alpha3 is considerably larger then its predecessors. My
own 4GB USB stick was not large enough and I had to use a larger one.

Oliver