[Mageia-discuss] [Poll] What are your top requirements?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 29 20:54:06 CET 2012

2012/1/29 Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org>:
> Le dimanche 29 janvier 2012 à 17:57 +0100, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
>> It was never
>> meant to be representative at all! it was only meant as a snapshot of
>> user opinions. Nobody should use this for any analysis or even guide
>> to somewhere.
>
> Then I fail to understand the goal, especially since you started by :
> "Unfortunately until today this poll has not received
> enough attention to draw any reasonable and remarkable information
> about the topic."
>
> Can you explain more clearly what did you want to achieve ?
>
> --
> Michael Scherer

Well, I explained it several times, pls excuse me if it wasn't clear
enough for you.

1. The poll is based on average user's postings over several years -
you often read things like "I don't want that distribution because it
does not....". So the goal was to put all these points into a list and
let those same average users name what a distribution MUST have to
become/stay their distribution. I stressed the point that I'm looking
for functions, not single packages.

2. If a resonable number of people (100-150, that's more than the
active number of forum users) would have voted I could list the
options, ordered by percentage of votes to give an impression of the
distribution seen from the user side. Not more, no less. This
impression may add to all other sources of information for those who
actually work on the distribution.

Hopefully I have done better this time. It's not always easy to
explain such non-technical matters to somebody who sees all things
from a technical point of view only (we have been there, remember?).

--
wobo