[Mageia-discuss] [Poll] What are your top requirements?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 29 21:45:25 CET 2012

2012/1/29 Olav Vitters <olav at vitters.nl>:
> On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 08:54:06PM +0100, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
>> Hopefully I have done better this time. It's not always easy to
>> explain such non-technical matters to somebody who sees all things
>> from a technical point of view only (we have been there, remember?).
>
> I have not been responding, but if you think that is how people are
> responding, I suggest to re-read some of the messages.

I only meant misc with the last remark.

> People have been given feedback that the setup of the poll results in it
> not being useful. Various reasons for this have been given.

Yes, valid reasons from their point of view and under different
circumstances. Very early in the thread I wrote that this is not a
professional survey with preliminary researxh, defined collection of
users, etc., etc., so all those reasons which are correct in a
professional environment do not apply here in the same way.

> IMO, don't ask people what they want, give them what they didn't know
> they wanted.

Yes, from a marketing point of view of a company who produce consumer
goods you are quite right. As you may have seen, there is enough room
for inventions - I did not ask for favorite packages of backgrounds, I
asked for features.

--
wobo