[Mageia-discuss] Long Term Support Policy

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Tue Jan 31 20:41:06 CET 2012

Op dinsdag 31 januari 2012 19:35:04 schreef imnotpc:
> The discussion about the poll raised the question: Does Mageia have a
> policy regarding the lifetime of a release? I looked around the site and
> didn't see anything. I realize Mageia is a new distro and this isn't an
> issue yet, but since I run servers I'd really like to know how long I
> can expect general updates and more importantly bug and security updates.
>
> Jeff

IIRC, it was talked about before. A lot of us want to do this, but we weren't
sure about the growth of people yet, so we deferred the question until after
release of mga2

iinm the plan was to support each release for 18months; and possibly have LTS
versions. of this none of this is written down yet nor decided, but i expect
this discussion to be held again after mga2 is released, since the release
time could be discussed too, when the new features for mga3 will be talked
about.