[Mageia-discuss] A possible risk ?

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Feb 8 15:31:56 CET 2012

Le mercredi 08 février 2012 à 12:47 +0000, Claire Robinson a écrit :
> On 08/02/12 12:35, Michael Scherer wrote:

> I don't think QA is an issue regarding updates to 1. Do you really feel
> that way or were you meaning in a more general way?

The upgrade problem was on mandriva 2010.2, why relate this to mageia
1 ?

And yes, i speak on a general note, the problem with letting people do
updates is when updates are bad and faulty, and that's something that
would have been caused either by lack of QA ( from distributor side ),
or by a user doing what we said to not do, like mixing packages, etc
( for example, using MIB backports )

> Ensuring an upgrade path from Mandriva 2010.2 is really something we (QA
> team) would expect maintainers to maintain.

Sure, can you tell where it was broken ?

--
Michael Scherer