[Mageia-discuss] A possible risk ?

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Wed Feb 8 16:26:55 CET 2012

On Wednesday 08 Feb 2012 11:57 my mailbox was graced by a message from nicolas
vigier who wrote:
> It's not clear if we are talking about installing updates only, or
> upgrading to a new version of the distribution.

In my case, which started this thread, it was an update that hosed the system.

> Installing updates is supposed to be safe and can be allowed by default
> with user password.

In this case it caused KDE to crash at start of session.

> But upgrading to a new distribution is more dangerous and should
> probably only be allowed with root password.

Update was bad enough, and should not be allowed to user either  ;-3)

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                  A government which robs Peter to pay Paul
                  can always depend on the support of Paul.