[Mageia-discuss] A possible risk ?

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Wed Feb 8 23:46:46 CET 2012

On Wednesday 08 Feb 2012 19:11 my mailbox was graced by a message from
andre999 who wrote:
> So defaults being
> 1) release upgrades requiring root password.
> 2) package updates requiring user password.
> 3) if current account requires not password, no update.
> Wouldn't that satisfy security concerns ?

No, it still leaves the user launching an update, hosing his system and being
left with a dead system.

I feel (strongly) that updates, like upgrades, should only be done by someone
who can reinstall the system in case of problem ==> root.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                        La culture, c'est ce qui reste