[Mageia-discuss] Mageia 2 bootstrap time is 3 times that of Mageia1

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Thu Feb 9 09:41:26 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 11:41:17AM +0100, Juergen Harms wrote:
> http://cui.unige.ch/~harms/Download/systemd-boot-plot.svg
>
> Looks like substantial time is spent in network configuration: my
> controller is an 82566DM-2, I am using the drivers installed at
> sysinstall (and sysinstall fails at network initialisation, but the
> network comes up at boot time - there exists a bug report on this
> issue).

Two things delay stuff:
- 20 seconds: mandriva-everytime.service
- 10 seconds: network-up.service

Also see some stuff that I wonder is needed:
- speech-dispatcherd.service
- portreserve.service

Think the following is not needed under systemd:
- mandriva-clean-var-run-lock.service (systemd can do this)
- mandriva-save-dmesg.service

Also notices the fsck checks are not really done in parallel.

I guess the most optimal boot can only be achieved once there is no
sysvinit anymore.

Recommend filing a bug on bugs.mageia.org as I heard that the systemd
maintainer is on vacation atm. Please also attach the svg to the bug.

--
Regards,
Olav