[Mageia-discuss] Cannot do a fresh install of Alpha 3 with updates any more

Morgan Leijström fri at tribun.eu
Mon Feb 13 09:55:43 CET 2012

söndagen den 12 februari 2012 17.35.02 skrev  Juergen Harms:
> Since a couple of days ( 2 or 3, no problem until then ) I do not manage
> any more to create a clean and empty up-to-date Alpha 3 system - which I
> would need to test some packages I am maintaining, and do that before
> Beta 1 is created.
>
> No problem doing the install (Alpha 3 i586 iso DVD), no problem to boot
> the installed system. No problem to (I do it manually) create media.
>
> The problem starts, when I then do urpmi.updates --auto-install. The
> first step works as it should - I get 6 packages installed:
>

> ftp://ftp.mandrivauser.de/mirrors/Mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/r
> elease/meta-task-2-26.mga2.noarch.rpm
>
> ftp://ftp.mandrivauser.de/mirrors/Mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/r
> elease/rpm-4.9.1.2-16.mga2.i586.rpm
>
> ftp://ftp.mandrivauser.de/mirrors/Mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/r
> elease/urpmi-6.44-1.mga2.noarch.rpm
>
> ftp://ftp.mandrivauser.de/mirrors/Mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/r
> elease/librpm2-4.9.1.2-16.mga2.i586.rpm
>
> ftp://ftp.mandrivauser.de/mirrors/Mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/r
> elease/perl-URPM-3.38.8-1.1.mga2.i586.rpm
>
> ftp://ftp.mandrivauser.de/mirrors/Mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/r
> elease/python-rpm-4.9.1.2-16.mga2.i586.rpm
>
> and the problem comes then, when urpmi proposes a list of 552 packages
> to install and I reply with y:
>
>      Proceed with the installation of the 552 packages? (Y/n) y
>      Udisks daemon (udisks-daemon) is not running or not ready
>
> It looks like udisks and cie work well until these 6 packages are
> updated and that then one of them does mischief and creates the udisks
> problem (as I said: perfectly OK until a couple of days ago).
>
> Is this problem appearing elsewhere? can I have done something stupidly
> wrong? I could wait until the Beta iso is published - but I would like
> to make sure that my packages (backuppc, geda suite) install and run as
> they should before Beta is finalized.

Do you have bandwidth enough to do a network install?
( = get the latest packages directly without updating )
http://www.mageia.org/en/downloads/get/?q=Mageia-2-alpha3-Boot-i586-CD.iso

I did that on cauldron i586 sucessfully 2012-02-09
Worked nicely dd .iso to USB stick, used wired ethernet.

(OK there were problems, but not this, and it have updated OK several times
since)

/Morgan

--
Morgan Leijström