[Mageia-discuss] cauldron special install (advices needed)

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Sat Feb 18 14:48:51 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 12:23:53PM +0100, JPB wrote:
> I would like to install/test cauldron on this machine with a dual boot
> (mga1/cauldron).
> You may say "Business as usual " what is "special" with this install ?
> The peculiarity is that I have a local image/tree of mga rsynced from distrib-
> coffee..

I did something like this years ago. I forgot if I used LILO or grub,
but in any case, I configured the bootloader to boot the installation
image directly.

I'm guessing at the moment that is one of the hd_grub ones in:
http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mageia/distrib/cauldron/x86_64/install/images/

Then IIRC, the installer allows you to select partition + path to the
cauldron mirror. Perhaps needed to do an expert installation to be able
to do this (forgot).

Don't remember any specifics anymore, so above is not of much help.. but
I know it is possible. I used Google btw for the bootloader
configuration. Hopefully documented on the Mageia Wiki, else please add
once you figure it out?

--
Regards,
Olav