[Mageia-discuss] Pronunciation

imnotpc imnotpc at Rock3d.net
Mon Feb 20 15:53:20 CET 2012

On 02/20/2012 09:21 AM, Doug Lytle wrote:
> imnotpc wrote:
>> but I'm not sure how to pronounce the name.
>
> http://www.mageia.org/nl/faq/
>
> "How does one pronounce Mageia?
>
> There is no official pronunciation, you can use whichever one you like."
>
> Doug

Thanks, I didn't know there was an FAQ page. How do you get there from
the main page? Perhaps that should be easier to find for the general public.

As a native English speaker the 'magic' pronunciation is more natural to
me, but then again there are a lot of words that are butchered when
pronounced using English rules (pretty much anything in French for example).

Jeff