[Mageia-discuss] Pronunciation

Dimitrios Glentadakis dglent at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 21:43:13 CET 2012

Le 20 févr. 2012 18:20, "Wolfgang Bornath" <molch.b at googlemail.com> a
écrit :

> 2012/2/20 Dimitrios Glentadakis <dglent at gmail.com>:
> > In Greek there is only one way to pronounce the word mageia (μαγεία) =
ma y
> > i a , the y like the w in weather, and the accent at the i :
> > http://fr.forvo.com/word/%ce%bc%ce%b1%ce%b3%ce%b5%ce%af%ce%b1/
>
> Yes, that's one of the 3 ways I've been told by native greek speakers :)
>
> --
> wobo

In greek there is only one pronunciation and not 3 either 2, but only one.
If someone told you another pronunciation for the word mageia in greek, he
is not greek or it is not his native language. It is not even a case that
we can say for example that in the north of greece they say it in one way
and in the south of greece in another way. It is a word that its letters
cant be saying in another way but only in 1 way. If you change one thing of
its pronunciation is like if you say the word computer in english :
compoter or cimputer or campetor... etc, no sense at all