[Mageia-discuss] One Beta more install story
Juergen.Harms at unige.ch
Sat Feb 25 12:00:50 CET 2012
Beta looks great, chapeau!
Some issues remain
- The configuration of the network interface during installation still
does not work (failure message after "Testing your connection"), but at
the first boot a correctly working network connection is there. Does
somebody know if a bug has already been / needs to be filed on that?
- Urpmi fails to mount the cdrom when trying to install additional media
with the error message "Mount point /media/cdrom does not exist".
Work-around: insert (and mount) the DVD before launching urpmi. I have
seen mention of this on the Dev ML - is probably been taken care of
(looks like an aftermath of the DVD mount problem fixed during alpha).
- Impossible to create media of type "file" - urpmi.addmedia complains
about missing genhdlist2 (bugzilla #4690).
- dbus notification message after the desktop has come up (one single
time, no negative effects afterwards)
Error: service disabled
Error while initializing DBus
Did already happen in Alpha
- Kde still has 2 seriously annoying problems:
+ the active titlebar does not have the colour it should, inactive
windows are not easily distinguishable from active windows (bugzilla #3493)
+ impossible to move menu subdirectories to the taskbar: the
regression that the pullup menus dont work is back (same thing as during
the initial months of kde4) (bugzilla #3538).
More information about the Mageia-discuss