[Mageia-discuss] home network using broadband router

WALKER RICHARD richard.j.walker at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 9 03:43:38 CET 2012

I found a problem with the NFS server in Mageia 1 which doesn't seem
to exist on Mandriva 2010.0 (haven't checked 2010.2 yet - later -
bedtime now).

Although everything worked the first time, when the server was first
set up, it has consistently failed to work since then. The personal
firewall doesn't make any difference so it can be on or off. It seems
to be a problem with the way rpc.mountd works. The Mandriva versions
of nfs server may not use this method to handle remote mount requests
- like I said, I'll check.

I can dodge the problem by commenting out the
RPCMOUNTD_OPTIONS="--port 4003" line in the /etc/sysconfig/nfs-server
configuration file.

zzzzzzzz

Richard