[Mageia-discuss] Vote for board

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 12:14:41 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 08:40, Remco Rijnders <remco at webconquest.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 08:34:14AM +0100, Maarten wrote in
>> Since only association members vote for board, and i think i see several
>> team leaders already agreeing and noone disagreeing... i think this would
>> qualify as being acclamated...
>>
>> i guess if this sort of procedure is being followed, all that is needed is a
>> timelimit for someone to disagree and then the email of stating if the new
>> members are accepted...
>
> I think what I tried to say... it is good to have the policies and
> procedures clear up front and to stick to them, even when they might seem
> overly bureaucratic to us now. In the future, when we might face issues, it
> is good to have established procedures we can point to instead of having
> people claim "but you did x back then".

+1

We have a constitution of rules for the association. We may perfectly
update these to properly handle such a case, but before that, it would
reinforce these if we stick to them. It's not about being overly
bureaucratic, but indeed, I find there's an issue here:
 - do they get a seat at the board, because there's room to fill or
because they are elected into it? that's pretty different;
 - if the former reason is true, how could the board prevent an
unwanted candidate to join? (I have nothing against the candidates
here, it's a question about our constitution design).

Now, on the technical/setup bit: if managing epoll is too
complex/cumbersome, shall we consider alternative/existing platforms
for that? or advertise/sponsor further development so it's a matter of
"new poll" > "name" > "who can vote" > "proposals" > "deadline" >
"start" clicks to set it up?

Romain