[Mageia-discuss] [board-public] Board dissolution proposal

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 13:58:25 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:30, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
> All these are open questions about the board and related which should
> be cleared up ASAP because
>  - their importance inside the organisation
>  - their importance outside - open questions such as these give a
> negative and unprofessional impression of the whole organisation. I do
> not think Mageia can afford this.
>
> 1. is the discussion about the board (importance, dissolution, etc.)
> going on somewhere else or is it just left without result?

There have been answers to Michael's points and yours. And no
discussion further down this road. So, unless someone discusses
answers, states again what are the specific questions/issues are, or
how they were not answered, discussion is closed.

> 2. is the "election" of the 2 new board members (by acclamation during
> a meeting without information about the quorum) valid?
> 2.a. If so (and I have no real objections), when will the changes in
> the board be effective (related blog post, change in the wiki page) ?

I'm not satisfied with how this election went, but I was not present
at the council meeting either. So there are 3 things I see needed:
 - acknowledging this election as de facto,
 - explaining how such a situation should be handled (update our constitution?),
 - an explicit, step-by-step how-to for future elections + maybe a
guide to Mageia governance.

> 3. what about Michael's resignation from secretary position and board?

His resignation was effective as soon as he stated it. So there's no
secretary at this time. This should be solved after next in-board
election for president, secretary and treasurer (and their aides).