[Mageia-discuss] Board Dissolution proposal

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 15 18:34:35 CET 2012

2012/3/15 Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at hotkey.net.au>:
> I agree. As an ordinary user, I don't need to read these posts.  I am a
> lawyer, used to keeping confidences, but my own impression is affected.
> DistroWatch wondered if the co-operative model could survive.

That's what I meant with the impression all this gives to the outside.

The normal user will not be very interested but all those outside who
publish reviews, give opinions in blogs, discuss overall pictures of
the Linux world and of single distributions - they will take such
things into account and will comment on such issues. Then again it's
the users who read such reviews, probably getting a wrong impression
because they did not read all these mails.

> I believe that the Council etc, everybody involved in management, should have
> their own private mailing list, that others cannot access.  Directors of
> companies have a form of "Cabinet confidentiality."  Openness can be taken too
> far.   Announcements go to mageia-announce.  That is all that I really need
> nowadays.

No. Mageia is built on transparency - that was one of the main points
when Mageia was founded. transparency is not a problem here - we must
(and want to) live up to its consequences.

--
wobo