[Mageia-discuss] Atheros AR9285 wifi

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Wed Mar 28 08:15:20 CEST 2012

Op woensdag 28 maart 2012 04:04:35 schreef Marc Paré:
> I have just updated a friend's laptop from Mandriva to Mageia. She has
> an Atheros AR9285 card and it just doesn't seem to work well. I noticed
> that there were some problems with this card a few months ago. Are there
> still problems or a fix to get it working properly?
>
> It just won't connect properly and when I use the NetworkManager
> "configure" the setting keep going back to WEP even though I keep trying
> to set it to WPA.
>
> Marc

i don't know if it's related, but i had some issues with my Atheros (possibly
the same card) and it's "n" functionalities which seem to be non-existing or
at least non-working (apparently for a while)

looking at it, it seems this might be related to upstream :-( bad linux
drivers.

i tested with mga1, i suppose newer kernel might bring better support, but
haven't tested with mga2 yet.