[Mageia-discuss] Mediawiki installation not pulling in whats required?

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:02:10 CEST 2012

2012/3/28 Samuel Verschelde <stormi at laposte.net>:
> Le mercredi 28 mars 2012 14:09:47, Oliver Burger a écrit :
>> It can now be discussed, why php-mysql and php-pgsql do not require php
>> itself and a webserver.
>
> for php I don't know, but there's no reason why a php package would require
> a web server. PHP can be used as a CLI scripting language.

That's why I wrote "Other distros - iirc fedora - do provide a php
package for use with a webserver and another one for use on the cli.
Php itself can be used as a script language on the command line as well."

I'm not so sure about the "right" requirements here.
I do think, php-mysql and php-pgsql should require php, as afaik they
can't be used standalone.
So perhaps we should have a mediawiki requiring a php enabled
webserver. And php-mysql and php-pgsql and so on requiring php.
Do we have a webserver that can use php except apache?
I know there's lighttpd and nginx, but can you use php with them? I
don't know them at all.

Oliver