[Mageia-discuss] snd-emu10k1-synth module problem

Philippe DIDIER philippedidier at laposte.net
Thu Apr 5 08:48:28 CEST 2012

bascule a écrit :
> i'm trying to work out why the module for sblive midi doesn't load on boot, it
> loads fine manually after boot
> the following is my /etc/modprobe.d/sound
>
> [bascule at mycroft ~]$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/sound
> alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
> alias sound-slot-0 snd-emu10k1
> options snd-emu10k1 index=0
> install /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-emu10k1-synth
>
> alias snd-card-1 snd_via82xx
> alias sound-slot-1 snd_via82xx
> options snd-via82xx index=1
> -------------------
> does anyone have may suggestions why the snd-emu10k1-snth module might not
> load at boot?
> apart from midi sound seems to work fine with all the necessary modules loaded
> automatically
>
> bascule
just try :
install snd-emu10k1-synth /sbin/modprobe --first-time --ignore-install
snd-emu10k1-synth

instead of :
install snd-emu10k1-synth /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-emu10k1-synth

you may even load automatically your soundfont this way :
install snd-emu10k1-synth /sbin/modprobe --first-time --ignore-install
snd-emu10k1-synth;/usr/bin/asfxload /etc/midi/8MBGMSCustom.sf2;

(just adapt the path and the name of your soundfont)