[Mageia-discuss] Libreoffice

Renaud Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Sat Apr 7 16:25:10 CEST 2012

On Saturday 07 Apr 2012 11:08 my mailbox was graced by a message from Marc
Paré who wrote:
> Version 3.5.2 was just released a couple of days ago. You may want to
> upgrade to this version. Hopefully the problems associated with 3.5.1
> have been ironed out. You can find the change logs here:
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Releases/3.5.2/RC1 and
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Releases/3.5.2/RC2.
>
> The 3.5.2 line is recommended for private users and small enterprises
> and should be a lot more stable than the previous version. The 3.4.6
> version is in its final version and will not see anymore updates as the
> devs are already working/planning out the 3.6.x version. And, as you
> mention, the 3.4.6 "is safe to be deployed for production use".

What prompted my posting is recent (as "in the last few days") discussions on
the LO-Users list about some bad problems with 3.5.2.

> IMO, I would suggest going with the 3.5.2 version as I think there were
> more fixes and additions to the code than the previous version. With the
> rapid release cycle, version 3.5.3 will appear soon enough with more
> fixes and updates.

I would rather wait till 3.5.3 (or later) before I make the move; Dont want to
risk my data.

Za+

Renaud.
--