[Mageia-discuss] beta2 woes and no graphical root (tonyb)

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Sun Apr 8 23:59:21 CEST 2012

 On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 06:54:04 -0400, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> But maybe there is a reason to login to a gui as root - although in
> all my 17 years of Linux I haven't heard one. And I have never heard
> about any sysadmin who did it with a reason.

I have found that, when a user account has to be terminated and his various
files distributed between other users' accounts, it is a great simplification
to run Konqueror as root, with split screen, and select, drag and drop in the
various targets; doing it by CLI is a pain in the fundament.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
          There are few situations that cannot be honourably settled
                 and without loss of time, either by suicide,