[Mageia-discuss] beta2 woes and no graphical root (tonyb)

Pierre Jarillon jarillon at abul.org
Mon Apr 9 00:00:42 CEST 2012

Le dimanche 8 avril 2012 13:46:37, Morgan Leijström a écrit :
>  can not learn everything, even less remember it.
> A GUI session often have lots of useable tools to see what is going on,
> web  browser to read documentation of what i am trying to do, can copy to
> virtual terminal, etc.

I agree that a graphical environment is now and then very useful.
At the beginning of Mandrake, I have sugested to Gaël Duval to make a bright
red background when root is used at login. IMO, this was setup in Mandrake 6.
Some years later, I have been told that the background of a root desktop is,
and must be, always red without any change allowed :-)

Perhaps is this a convenient way to tell that there are two kinds of people
working with a root account: those who have already make a big mistake and
those who'll make it soon!

--
Pierre Jarillon - http://pjarillon.free.fr/
Vice-président de l'ABUL : http://abul.org