[Mageia-discuss] Handbooks - the lot

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Wed Apr 11 13:16:03 CEST 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 06:17:32AM -0400, Renaud (Ron) Olgiati wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 Apr 2012 05:35 my mailbox was graced by a message from Olav
> Vitters who wrote:
> >  I don't see how excluding documentation makes things more practical.
>
> As in "more practical to have diskspace available for data, than have it used
> up by documentation I will not need" ?

You're speaking about yourself. I am speaking in general. How is it more
practical that the documentation is not available? You raise disk space.
I see that as a benefit if you have a small amount of disk space. But I
don't see how that makes not including documentation practical. Might be
practical to have the installer automatically detect a small amount of
disk space and exclude documentation. But in general not having any
documentation available is not practical at all; you have to rely on an
internet connection, hope that the documentation is available online,
furthermore you have to search for it.

Not installing documentation,  might be some reasons for it, but
'practical': I don't see it.

--
Regards,
Olav