[Mageia-discuss] beta2 woes and no graphical root (tonyb)

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 11 19:27:41 CEST 2012

2012/4/11 Anne Wilson <annew at kde.org>:

> On 10/04/12 20:53, Renaud (Ron) Olgiati wrote:
>> On Tuesday 10 Apr 2012 10:57 my mailbox was graced by a message
>> from Anne Wilson who wrote:
>>> True indeed, but if someone wants to commit suicide we do have a
>>> moral duty not to supply the gun and teach him how to load it.
>>
>> We may have a duty to point out to him that we think his idea is
>> not good, but if he is decided, our duty then is to help him,
>> including acting as kaishakunin if he asks us to.
>>
> Your idea of moral duty is obviously different from mine.  I doubt if
> the law would see it your way either.

Depends on what you see in Mageia. Is Mageia a mere provider of a
technical system who does not care further than uploading the
software? If so we don't need to discuss questions, we don't need to
give warnings about anything, etc. Or do we have a sense of moral duty
which goes beyond that? I am happy to see the decision of Mageia
showing that they care.

--
wobo