[Mageia-discuss] beta2 woes and no graphical root (tonyb)

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 12 19:01:57 CEST 2012

2012/4/12 Renaud (Ron) Olgiati <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org>:
> On Thursday 12 Apr 2012 10:05 my mailbox was graced by a message from Rolf
> Pedersen who wrote:
>>  To sum, again, Linux is not merely a matter of an individual's choice.
>
> So you will impose your choices on a community,
> because you know better than they do ?

Yes. And as a member of this community in such a case I have not the
slightest problem with that.
1. I have no technical background, not on paper nor in reality. Ergo I
am not qualified to do a risk assessment like the developers are able
to do (and are doing it for me).
2. I am one, the developpers of FOSS (even in a rather small group
like at Mageia) are a swarm with a level of knowledge which is more
than any non-technical user can achieve.
3. If I had a technical skills to do such a valid risk assessment then
I'd also be able to change everything those developpers did.

So, nobody imposes anything on you or anybody else where it is not
necessary.  This is Linux, you can change everything you don't like if
you have the necessary skills. If you don't have the needed skills you
are a valid object of the choice of the expert's measurements.

Let me repeat a quote which matches the situation much better than a
misplaced movie quote:
"Only kids who know not (yet) complain about wearing a helmet when
riding their bicycle."

--
wobo