[Mageia-discuss] Handbooks - the lot

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Fri Apr 13 07:01:56 CEST 2012

On Fri, 2012-04-13 at 04:04 +0200, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> if I want a KDE application I have to
> install the handbook.

Which seems to me exactly right. It's insane to install applications
without their documentation.

I'd be really really annoyed if I was on a 'plane and tried to use some
KDE application (I'm normally a Gnome user) and found there was no Help
for it. It's unusual that I can figure out a KDE program without looking
at its handbook.

I suppose a compromise might be that the handbooks could be in
"suggested" packages alongside each program, though, as long as pressing
F1 automatically installed them, and explained what it was doing, and,
if it failed, fell back to some minimal documentation explaining the
purpose of the program and why the full documentation was not available.

Liam

[oops, why does evolution sometimes reply to lists with my default account??]