[Mageia-discuss] Handbooks - the lot

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 13 13:24:16 CEST 2012

2012/4/13 Liam R E Quin <liam at holoweb.net>:
> On Fri, 2012-04-13 at 04:04 +0200, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
>> if I want a KDE application I have to
>> install the handbook.
>
> Which seems to me exactly right. It's insane to install applications
> without their documentation.

Well, that's your opinion and you may be looking forward to your next
visit in the tool shop when you buy some nails and ask for a
documentation.

My opinion is to spare the user unwanted installation if he is *sure
that he does not need a doc for a specified application*. That's where
your use case "on the plane" is not valid. If you do not install doc
for an application you are not sure about, then it is your own fault.

OTOH this discussion is void anyway since the person in charge already
decided the case.

--
wobo