[Mageia-discuss] urpmi does fetches packages from a mirror, even if they exist on the install DVD

Juergen Harms Juergen.Harms at unige.ch
Thu Apr 19 21:24:27 CEST 2012

 > Definitely sounds weird, normally urpmi always preferred
 > local repositories. So best file a bug report about that.

I found the reason: I always keep (kept) the cdrom medium last in my
list of media (i.e. sequence in /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg, as determined by
the sequence observed when media are created).

In the past, urpmi nevertheless preferred the cdrom medium, but that has
apparently changed quite recently. I have now moved the cdrom medium to
be the first my in urpmi.cfg, and everything is fine again.

Is this a bug? probably not - I dont think that the way urpmi determines
media priority is specified. But I think it is good to be aware of this
fact, in case somebody else hits this kind of problem.