[Mageia-discuss] page of Mageia in wikipedia (in english) has been deleted

Dimitrios Glentadakis dglent at gmail.com
Fri May 18 21:07:24 CEST 2012

Le 18 mai 2012 20:44, "Romain d&apos;Alverny" <rdalverny at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 8:40 PM, Dimitrios Glentadakis <dglent at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > The only reason that i can think right now is that someone from
wikipedia hates Mageia or he is afraid from its success.

> No, it's only that 3 persons voted for deletion, and 2 against. Take
> this as a cold machine; someone triggered it and here it is. Would
> have been there 1 or 2 person against, it wouldn't have happened. What
> is somewhat valid is that the Mageia article may have missed enough
> references to news or other type sites, talking about Mageia. We just
> need someone to start a new page with a more documented format, and I
> think this will make it.

Even in this case the delete is not a responsable action. The guy who does
nt wanted the article could simply add a notice in the header to inform
that "this article has few external sources, be aware of the information
you read, there is a discussion currently about that".
It is clear that the goal was to delete the article. And if you read with
attention his reasons, it would be very difficult ,see impossible, to
convince him. Just for the obvious, the existance of the 3rd in the last
month distribution. And as i said, his fantastic creteria dont match the
other distributions listed in wikipedia. Why he did nt deleted them ?