[Mageia-discuss] page of Mageia in wikipedia (in english) has been deleted

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Mon May 21 05:51:02 CEST 2012

On Sun, 20 May 2012 22:15:30 -0400
andre999 <andre999mga at laposte.net> wrote:

> Johnny A. Solbu a écrit :
> > On Sunday 20 May 2012 16:39, Macxi wrote:
> >
> >> According to DistroWatch, Mageia<...>  is the third most visited
> >> RPM-based Linux distribution
> >>
> > How do you list/view the rank of only rpm based distros on Distro
> > Watch?
> >

> Just look at the top 5.
> Only Fedora and openSuse are RPM-based (and not Mint, Ubuntu, and
> Debian). I see that we are getting pretty close to Debian and
> openSuse. And the only one gaining in the top 10.
> We risk to be soon number 3 overall, and number 2 for RPM-based

When you think of it, that is quite an achievement for 18 months!  As I
write, Mageia is No. 6 at Distrowatch.com, and the first one whose star
is rising.  Ubuntu is steady, and all the others are heading down.  The
next one heading up is Ultimate, an Ubuntu derivative, at No. 11.
This is based on page hits, so activity in the distro will be an
influence.

Doug.