[Mageia-discuss] New Wikipedia Mageia testpage launched

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Mon May 21 07:01:08 CEST 2012

> On Sunday 20 May 2012 23:22, Macxi wrote:
> > I hope it can be edited collaboratively.
>
> Heh. I have to laugh. Someone just put in the same information that
> resulted in the article deletion in the first place. :-)= Remember
> people, the entire history of the internal problems in Mandriva that
> resulted in the fork does not belong in this article. especially when
> the only sources is from the Mageia websites. If it belongs in
> wikipedia, it belongs in the Mandriva article.
>
> This article is about Mageia and the Mageia distribution.

The guy who did the deletion said in a message to me, since deletion,
that it wasn't the content that got it deleted: it was the lack of
independent sources. That's what's needed - citations, external to
Mageia, that support what is said in the article.

I've gone over and done some proofing and minor edits. I'll try to add
some more info/citations about the community later in the day today.

Cheers,

--
Trish Fraser, VVMZ4 91L2V
-35.67896, 142.66637