[Mageia-discuss] Upgrade to mageia 2, screen upside down !

Dimitrios Glentadakis dglent at gmail.com
Thu May 24 21:04:41 CEST 2012

Le 24 mai 2012 20:49, "John Balcaen" <mikala at mageia.org> a écrit :

> Le 24 mai 2012 01:11, "Dimitrios Glentadakis" <dglent at gmail.com> a écrit :
>

> > I upgraded to Mageia 2 from Mageia 1. After reboot, in KDE i have the
screen upside down. The windows title is correct but the content of the
windows that belong to the bottom area are in the top, and the words are
written from right to left. I rebooted again but the problem is always
present. My system is unusable now. I have nvidia card.
> > Any idea ?
> >
> It seems to be a krandr configuration problem.
> Could you check your ~/.kde4/share/config/krandrrc file?

Now i can log to kde normaly.

I installed the nvidia drivers from nonfree or tainted repo and after 1 - 2
reboot it is fixed.

Now, i have another problem. I have enabled the effects in kwin but i have
a message with a list of effect plugins that cannot be enabled. So i dont
have any effect.

Another problem is with kmail. I have a message in first launch of kmail to
migrate to kmail2. I choosed ok and the wizard crashed with a message that
if i want to migrate later manually i have to launch kmail-migrator
--interactive. But when i launch it i have the message:
kmail-migrator(3971) main: Migration of kmailrc has alreadyrun,not running
it again