[Mageia-discuss] Download numbers

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Fri May 25 23:21:58 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com> wrote:
> When someone has time, would it be possible to get statistics as to the
> number of downloads? It would be nice to know.

>From a quick look at Google Analytics, here's what we have (remember,
so, it's a partial view, in that it only represents visitors who
search for a download link, direct or bittorrent, through
www.mageia.org - it does not account for those used to look directly
in their favorite mirror servers): http://bit.ly/JRoTIu (Google Docs).

I have a series of scripts to extract and report data from our httpd
logs, that would be slightly better and complete (with some history
over the previous months), but it's not ironed out enough for release;
this Summer I hope. And that still would'nt account for downloads from
actual mirrors (aggregating their data would be nice, but getting to
it is an exercise left to someone else).