[Mageia-discuss] small distribution

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu May 31 07:34:00 CEST 2012

2012/5/31 Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com>:
> Le 2012-05-30 16:02, AL13N a écrit :
>

>> ->  the mageia rescue, it's on all installer media, and you can:
>>  - mount your system under /mnt with one option
>>  - go to a console and use vi
>>  - chroot even if you want to
>>  - even start ssh daemon and log into it from other machine
>>
>> no need for anything else.
>>

> +1

Had that case last Monday. Installing MGA2 I forgot to change the
standard settings of the bootloader and overwrote the bootloader of
another system which was in the MBR.

Started the dvd with rescue mode
went to console
created /mnt/point
mounted the root directory of the other system to /mnt/point
did 'chroot /mnt/point'
re-installed the bootloader with the grub command
Done.

This is a good example where the rescue mode comes in very handy.

--
wobo